Kim has been a professional studio session singer since 1990 and with numerous album BVs, hundreds of songs and literally thousands of jingles under her belt, she is definitely one of the busiest and more experienced session singers in the business. Kim has also had the good fortune to have recorded in many of London’s top recording studios such as Abbey Road [watch on YouTube], Air Lyndhurst, Air Edel, Metropolis, Olympic, Townhouse, Eden Studios, British Grove Studios etc.
Some of her more high-profile TV and radio jingle work in the UK includes the following:
- Coca Cola
- Walkers Crisps
- Capital FM Radio Idents
- Liberal Democrats campaign song
- “On air with Ryan Seacrest” show (Real Radio network)
- BBC Radio 2 Idents (e.g. “The Chris Evans Breakfast Show”, “The Graham Norton Show” and “The Richard Hammond Show”)
Kim has been involved in the following film sessions:
- "Penguins of Madagascar" – sole backing vocalist
- "Tu y yo" – feature vocalist
- "The Dilemma" – credited solo vocalist
- "The Nutcracker" – choral background singing
- "Sodales" – solo vocalist
- "Quien es Florinda Bolkan?" – feature vocalist (see “Showreel” for footage)
- "Cemetery Junction" – feature duet (see “Showreel” for footage)
- "Pirates of the Caribbean 3 – At World’s End" – choral background singing
Kim has sung on various theme tunes, featured songs and background music for TV shows such as:
- "Merlin" (BBC1) [watch on YouTube]
- "Grease – The School Musical" (Sky One)
- "Parents of the Band" (BBC1), written & recorded by Gary Kemp (from Spandau Ballet)
- "Totally Scott Lee" (MTV)
- "Misery Guts" (BBC1)
- "Ocean Girl" (worldwide syndication) [watch on YouTube]
- "Message Stick" (ABC Australia)
Kim is a feature vocalist on a number of European dance releases and has demoed songs for presentation to an array of celebrity artists/actors such as: Kylie Minogue, Anastacia, Cher, The Sugababes, Geri Haliwell, Emma Bunton, Leann Rimes, Carrie Underwood, Charlotte Church, Kate Winslet and Catherine Zeta-Jones.
Session with Jocelyn Brown
Kim was one of two session singers booked to sing with one of her long-time heroes, american soul diva Jocelyn Brown (of “Somebody Else’s Guy” fame). It was a jingle package for the BBC Radio 2’s British Forces Broadcast Service (BFBS) which goes out to all the British Forces stationed in different countries throughout the world.
What is a session singer?
Session Singer Career Advice Pack
Kim was interviewed by Arts Pool, an organisation specialising in supplying high quality support and resources for Performing Arts teachers throughout the UK, about her work as a session singer for inclusion in Career Packs for secondary and tertiary students [click here to read ].
Here’s what top industry professionals are saying about Kim’s abilities as a session singer:
“In my 30+ years professional career Kim is the best studio singer I have ever worked with. Her intonation is flawless, her sense of rhythm fabulous, her taste impeccable. She is a great vocal arranger and can apply herself to literally any style …“,
“Kim’s been my revelation of the year. Her amazing musicality and enthusiasm has ensured that even the toughest of sessions has flown by with great results and left the clients buzzing with praise. Equally as important is that she’s as much of a laugh to be around as she is a consummate professional. I’ve never worked with anybody better.“,
“Kim Chandler, great singer, good fun, always on time, loads of soul and I never ever need to use auto tune on her, which believe me is saying something these days!“,
“Kim is simply the best session singer I have ever worked with and I’ve worked with the best in the world … enough said.“,
“When Wise Buddah were looking for a new vocal team for its jingle and station imaging business we did some surfing around on the net and found Kim! Within 24 hours we had met, exchanged showreels and have been working together ever since. Kim is tireless, utterly pro, fun and VERY fast! When you need to complete 8 versions of a six cut jingle package which has to be on air yesterday Kim does the biz every time. Oh, and she’s got a great voice!“,
“We’ve produced sung idents for over 60 UK radio stations, and it’s been fantastic having Kim on the team. She’s incredibly quick, bursting with ideas, and above all, brings a track to life.“,